Your CV must show your skills and achievements, but what will make you stand out from the crowd? Here are a few helpful tips:
- Always be honest
- Write a powerful, clear, punchy personal statement. Why should the potential employer read the rest of your CV?
- Include achievements to make you stand out from your competition. Did you achieve 110% of your target, did you win an employee award? Maybe you won a piece of business or completed a successful project within demoing deadlines, and challenging circumstances…. tell people about it. Celebrate your success.
- Highlight or move any relevant qualifications and skills to the top of your CV.
- Use clear bullet points and avoid paragraphs, make it easy to read
- Show your CV to friends and family and ask them to read it
- Include an interesting fact about you, what do you like doing? This will give the employer something to talk to you about. Instead of just listing an interest, explain what you do with it, for example, photography: you are part of a facebook group and share creative shots, or you love to exercise because it gives you energy and motivation. Whatever your interest, a lot of employers like to hear about it.
Call us here at Ascott Blake Recruitment, to ask advice on your CV, and we will be more than happy to help you, and offer any relevant tips! We look forward to hearing from you.